Mobi’s Ark Early Learning Center is a licensed child care center through the Maryland State Department of Education. We comply with all child care regulations set forth by the Office of Child Care in the state of Maryland. We serve children ages 18 months through 12 years who require both general and special education.
The mission of Mobi’s Ark is to provide quality child care and learning experiences for children in a safe and caring environment, helping them develop the use of language, socially, creatively, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. We take pride in our highly qualified teachers. With their expertise, we strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can express their individuality while we open more opportunities to boost their overall growth and development. Mobi’s Ark takes pride in its reputation in upholding and promoting values and principles, which encompass fairness and honesty.
Mobi’s Ark envisions to be the early childhood learning center of choice among the parents and guardians in Maryland known for providing high-quality care and education to children in a nurturing environment.
Our Strategic Objectives
We will accomplish our mission and achieve our vision by:
- Maintaining the highest level of standards possible as required by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and Office of Child Care (OCC).
- Collaborating and integrating parents as valued and active partners in the education of their children as well as other program activities.
- Assisting the children with both special and general education needs on their journey through exploration and play by providing child-directed and teacher-directed activities.
- Providing a stimulating and nurturing environment with an equal balance of social, emotional, and intellectual support.
- Offering a variety of enrichment programs, including Computer Kids, Spanish Lessons, Physical Fitness Programs, Music and Movement, Children Yoga…etc.
- Continually assessing our program and making improvements based on the results.
- Creating a stronger sense of community by collaborating with other childcare centers in the area, building relationships with local businesses, and strengthening the relationships with our stakeholders.
- Expanding and increasing the number of Mobi’s Ark Early Learning Center throughout the state of Maryland.
We believe in the value of human diversity and the fair treatment of all people. It is our primary goal to provide the kind of environment and influences that encourage all children to become creative, independent, responsible, well rounded, self-directed adults, who can make apt decisions for themselves. Our desire is for excellence in meeting the needs of children and their families for nurturing growth, development, relationships, and understanding. Our values and beliefs about children are deeply rooted in the history of Early Childhood Education.
- All children have the right to feel good about themselves, and it is the responsibility of all teachers to nurture the child’s self-esteem.
- The home is the most important factor in a child’s development. We will always strive to support and complement the family in order to promote the healthy development of children and parents.
- Loving, trusting, and respecting each child enables them to love, trust, and respect others. Each child and family is due the respect for personal privacy demanded by professional ethics.
- It is important to meet each child’s needs for physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth by providing diverse experiences in a supportive environment.
- Each person is a unique individual and has his or her own needs. Each person has a right to meet this need their own way and in their own time. However, one of the responsibilities of having rights is recognizing and respecting the rights of others as well.
- Children deserve to have teachers who are capable and caring and whose values enable them to be excellent role models. Our educational and guidance decisions must be based on our knowledge of child development.
- Children are encouraged to develop a positive self-image, learn inner controls, and cooperate with peers and caregivers. Clearly defined limits help them recognize and accept their emotions and express their feelings as they grow and feel secure in the world around them.
- That good childcare depends upon consistent caregiving in a home-like atmosphere. Children grow and learn best in a safe environment that provides opportunities to explore, create, and communicate with other children and adults.
- That our parents, children, and staff deserve the right to privacy. It is our goal to represent our mission and core values. Absolutely no information regarding a present or former individual child, family, student, or employee shall be discussed by staff with anyone outside of our childcare center or posted online without proper consent.
“I think every parent, every scientist, every early childhood educator who has looked at a young child sees that curiosity, that wonder and asks themselves, what can we do to keep this alive in a child, to foster it, to fan the flames and not dampen that curiosity.”
– Dr. Andrew N. Meltzoff
“When we are talking about how the environment affects the young children, what we’re really talking about most importantly is the human environment; we’re talking about relationships.”
– Dr. Jack P. Shonkhoff
“Perfection does not exist – you can always do better and you can always grow.”
– Les Brown
Get in Touch
For inquiries, call us at 301-577-8600. We also have an online message form for your convenience. Click here to get started.